Monday, January 14, 2013

Here is the first in hopefully a long series

Good morning all!

Here is my first blog post ever on this site. I intend to work on my illustration and design skills and to update on this blog as I go. My ultimate goal at this point is to eventually become a concept artist, preferably for video games.

In high school I never took any art classes or had any lessons. Since starting the graphic design course at Mohawk in September 2011 I have had my first tastes of actual art lessons. I've started working with paint for the first time in my life, so I'm not very good yet, but intend on honing my skills. I'm also working with digital art for the first time, and am still working on perfecting my Photoshop skills.

I love landscape art, and tend to have some beautiful landscape concepts on my desktop background. I also really love Steampunk, as well as burlesque and pin up style. 

This year I will be graduating from Mohawk College, provided I meet the requirements of course. Continuing my education in design and illustration is very important to me, but more in practice than actual schooling.

This is what I will end with for my first post. Thanks for reading!

"Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien 

No comments:

Post a Comment